Friday 3 February 2012

Tim Tyler: Memetics - as an eBook?

I am sometimes asked about an electronic version of my memetics book. My stock reply reads as follows:

Those interested in my book on memetics do have some online options available:

No eBook is currently planned - mainly due to piracy problems.

Making books available in electronic formats increases the chance of them being pirated. This is mainly due to security flaws in the digital rights management systems used.

The introduction - and part of chapter 14 - have been scanned (using a book scanner) and placed online - apparently as part of an academic course on memes at a Turkish university. The course is described here. The scanned chapters are available here.

I am reasonably aware of the disadvantages of not having an electronic version of my book available. I will continue to monitor the area.

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment